Beefy Shells and Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (12 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Set aside cheese sauce packet from dinner mix. Add shells and water to skillet. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, salt and contents of cheese sauce packet. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 393 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 910mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2017
Quick, easy, and tasted great.
Oct 25, 2015
This was a quick simple meal for a night I am in a rush.
Aug 15, 2015
This is a tasty dish that is easy to make. My ground chuck is always precooked and in 1 lb foodsaver packages in the freezer so very quick to get on the table. I used a shells and cheese boxed mix from Aldi's and it works well. The family loves it so that's a plus!
Nov 20, 2014
Easy to prepare and very tasty. A big hit with my family
Apr 1, 2014
This was easy to prepare and tasted great!
Dec 5, 2013
Absolutely delicious! I love the black bean addition and thought the leftovers reheated beautifully.
Nov 25, 2011
This is one of our favorites. I agree with a previous reviewer about skipping the salt. I forgot it once, didn't miss it and haven't added it since.
Nov 16, 2011
This was great! The whole family loved it! The only thing I didn't like about it is that it didn't make for very good leftovers. So try not to make too much at one time!
Sep 16, 2011
Didn't have the boxed stuff. But I did have elbows and velvetta. One said "Ummmm", one picked out the beans, hubby said he would prefer it without the beans. I also added spices to my families taste. Garlic powder, cumin & nature season. I will make again.
Jul 31, 2011
We too liked this recipe. A great twist to the old standby of mac and cheese.