Hearty Breakfast Egg Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with hash browns and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hearty Breakfast Egg Bake
Sort By :
Great Casserole! I have made it several times already. I use Jimmy Dean precooked Turkey Crumbles instead of the pork sausage, non fat evaported milk and low fat cheese. I also add a can green chiles for a little extra kick. I make this, cut into serving size pieces and freeze for my husband to have for breakfast. I keep a couple pieces at a time in refrigerator and he heats in microwave. Delicious!!
I made this delicious dish this morning for breakfast and it is a winner. Definitely five stars and five thumbs up. This is going into my recipes as we will be having this again and again. Made very small changes - halved the recipe for the two of us, used square frozen hash browns instead of shredded and more cheese. Here is a link to my review and photos: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/894683/7752648.aspx#7752648
so good. definitely a keeper
I made this for Christmas (yesterday) and it was a hit! Everybody raved and raved over it. I cooked bacon & sausage on the side rather than including either one because some can't eat bacon and some can't eat sausage . . . therefore, for the meat, I gave them a choice of either or none. Since I didn't include the meat in the casserole, I did sprinkle a little kosher salt and black pepper over the layer of cheese - just a little. Even my 11 yr old niece loved it and kids aren't normally big on casseroles. Simple to make.
Yummy!! Made it for a Boyscouts camp out. Made 2 batches one with Canadian bacon and one with Maple Sausage..I liked the one with Maple Sausage better. I had a few extra eggs and tossed them in as well. Baked them in 2 Dutch ovens worked amazing, and tasted yummy.. Will definitely cook again. Next time I may throw a few spoon fulls into flour tortilla and make a burrito .
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >