Fun and flavorful, these rustic veggie pancakes make a wonderfully versatile side dish. They’re also a great solution for what to do with all your extra zucchini! —Diana Johnson, Auburn, Washington
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- In a sieve or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, bread crumbs, onions, egg, parsley, dill, garlic and cheese.
- Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Feta Zucchini Pancakes in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p53
Reviews for Healthy Zucchini Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review