- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, Nutella and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips, hazelnuts and, if desired, toffee bits. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Cake Squares in Holiday 13x9 2016, p91
Reviews for Hazelnut Cake Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review