Hay and Straw Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in butter for 3 minutes. Add peas; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with the ham mixture, Parmesan cheese and cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hay and Straw(10)
Sort By :
I sauteed red, yellow, orange peppers and onions before the ham, used about half the pasta and used a cup of skim milk with a tbsp. of corn starch since I was out of heavy whipping cream. Even my husband, who isn't a fan of most pasta dishes, raved about it. Delicious!
Really quick and easy meal. My picky kids even thought it was delicious. I didn't have the parmesan, so I used feta instead and it was really good. I would take the advice of other reviewers and cut down on the amount of pasta and peas, probably down to 3/4 lb. for the noodles and 2 cups of peas. Other than that, we really enjoyed it. It's a keeper!
This a great recipe to use if you're short on time. Really easy! I would recommend only using 8 oz. of pasta- 1 lb. is a lot. Also, try cutting down the peas to 2 cups.
I have been making this recipe since it came out in the Taste of Home Magazine in 2003. My family absolutely loves it! It is quick and delicious!
This is so easy, delicious and fun. It's awesome to make when you're in a pinch for time. Absolutely delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >