- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in butter for 3 minutes. Add peas; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with the ham mixture, Parmesan cheese and cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hay and Straw
Sort By :
"Very quick,easy & good with minimal ingredients. I used about 3/4 of the pasta called for & added a cube of frozen minced garlic while saut?ing the ham& peas. I also added about 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme. It was very good & filling."
"I sauteed red, yellow, orange peppers and onions before the ham, used about half the pasta and used a cup of skim milk with a tbsp. of corn starch since I was out of heavy whipping cream. Even my husband, who isn't a fan of most pasta dishes, raved about it. Delicious!"
"Really quick and easy meal. My picky kids even thought it was delicious. I didn't have the parmesan, so I used feta instead and it was really good. I would take the advice of other reviewers and cut down on the amount of pasta and peas, probably down to 3/4 lb. for the noodles and 2 cups of peas. Other than that, we really enjoyed it. It's a keeper!"
"This a great recipe to use if you're short on time. Really easy! I would recommend only using 8 oz. of pasta- 1 lb. is a lot. Also, try cutting down the peas to 2 cups."
"I have been making this recipe since it came out in the Taste of Home Magazine in 2003. My family absolutely loves it! It is quick and delicious!"