Hawaiian Kabobs Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered, optional
- 12 to 16 fresh mushrooms
- 16 to 18 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Place pineapple chunks and vegetables in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine reserved pineapple juice with the soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour over vegetable mixture; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pineapple and vegetables from marinade and reserve marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pineapple, green pepper, onion if desired, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Grill kabobs for 20 minutes or until soft, turning and basting with marinade frequently. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hawaiian Kabobs
Sort By :
"Very good I liked it and it was a good idea for the kids"
"We are hooked on this recipe! My brother turned the leftovers into fajitas the next day and said it was the best he'd ever had."
"great Holiday Grilling Recipe, Great appetizer, !"
"These are wonderful. Serve them with grilled steaks or porkchops, along with rice, or add chicken, shrimp or beef right to the kabob."