- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (14 ounces) breakfast turkey sausage links, cut in half
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). Thread the sausages, water chestnuts, pineapple and red pepper alternately onto 14 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, nutmeg, pepper and reserved pineapple juice.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until the sausages are browned, basting occasionally with marinade.
1 each: 95 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.