A package of frozen hash browns makes this recipe simple to prepare. Featuring bacon and cheddar cheese, it's tasty breakfast or brunch fare. You can even make it the night before, keep in the fridge and bake the next morning—so convenient! —Cheryl Johnson Plymouth, Minnesota
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, beat eggs and milk until blended; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Egg Bake in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p27
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review