Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, flour and garlic salt. Stir in potatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Casserole(7)
Sort By :
A good basic recipe that is always a hit.
SUPER YUM! I didn't include the flour and I cook it on a greased/sprayed with pam cookie sheet so that it is crispier. A total family favorite! THANK YOU!
These were very good. I used cubed hash browns instead of shredded and they were a quick easy alternative to au gratin potatoes. We will definitely make these again.
I added Panko crumbs to topping.
Easy and Good
This recipe has become a standard for me. I think of it as an "easy" substitute for scalloped potatoes au gratin. I teach cooking classes and run a Community Center which offers a free lunch program weekly - this fits into my budget and is genuinely loved by all. I have given this recipe out more times than I can count. As a tip - if you don't have "creamy potato soup" on hand use mushroom soup - frankly I have never made it with the potato soup and everyone loves it!