My husband and I love to have a hot breakfast, but find it difficult with two kids. This dish is excellent to prepare the night before and bake the next day for your family or to take into work to share with co-workers—there are never any leftovers.—Jennifer Berry, Lexington, Ohio
Featured In: 13x9 Potluck Recipes
- 15 large eggs, beaten
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a very large bowl, combine eggs, potatoes, chicken, milk, tomatoes, 1 cup cheese, green onions, cilantro and seasonings until blended. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown & Chicken Brunch Casserole in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p35
Reviews for Hash Brown & Chicken Brunch Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2016
"looks good taste better"