- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Minestrone
Sort By :
I made this tonight and it was really easy and good. I left out the tomato paste because my dad doesn't like too much tomato. Also, I used low sodium beef broth, so I needed to add more salt. I like the idea of adding garlic. I would also like to try it with fresh veggies when I have time to chop them. I used white beans because I like those better than kidney beans. All in all, this was a quick and easy dinner on a cold night. I think it would taste even better if I had time for it to simmer longer. I am looking forward to tomorrow's leftovers!
Pretty good and easy
Made this twice now and it is very good. The only thing i do differently is add about a half jar of pasta sauce to it and let it simmer for a couple hours to develop the flavors. I like that its so easy and i dont have to chop stuff!
I am a widow. My husband was the cook, I am not. When he passed, our daughter was just 22 months old. She is 7 now. I recently bought a whole bunch of taste of home cookbooks, wanting to teach myself for my daughters sake how to cook. This was the first recipe out of 8 books I just got I picked. Only thing I did different was not put the tomato paste in. I didn't measure. I eyeballed it. Used canned veggies, fresh carrots. BEST SOUP I never tasted! No joke. I am not even a soup person. But this, this is so good! Better then any resturaunt. A keeper!
This is the BEST minestrone soup recipe..hands down!