- 3 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; add to ham mixture and mix well. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Ham Salad Spread
Sort By :
"Delicious on petite rolls for small sandwiches."
"Good stuff! Very similar to what my grandma used to make. She always ground the ham, onion, 2 eggs and gherkin sweet pickles (not relish) together, which makes a nice texture to the mixture. I used 4 cups ground ham and put in 1 cup mayo. I also added 1/8 tsp cayenne for just a little kick. I used hickory smoked ham. If you use honey ham it will be slightly sweeter. Experiment to what you like. Good in sandwiches or on your favorite crackers."
"My husband and I just had this for dinner. We used honey mustard and a little less mayonnaise. Hubby went back for seconds, so I know he loved it."
"We were in a hurry, so we left out the boiled egg. We added some spicey brown mustard as some one else suggested and then an 1/8th tsp of ground clove. Wow was that good. Couldn't stay out of it. We are going to play around with this some more. Thanks for the recipe!"
"This is also very tasty using dill pickle relish."