- 2-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in noodles and remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Ham Noodle Dinner
"I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before now, considering how many times I have made this. It is soooo good! I usually make it with leftover ham after a big ham dinner. ( I also make Wisconsin Split Pea soup, April/May 2001 p. 45 ). I make the recipe as is with 2 minor changes: 2/3 can of peas and 1/2 tsp. ground mustard. Hubby hates mustard and if I halve the amount he has no idea it is in there. All's fair in love and cooking, right? I will make this again and again and again........."
"This was tough because my husband really didn't care for this recipe as much as I did. I gave it two stars because I would actually eat it again. My husband is not a fan so needless to say, I won't be making it again."
"This turned out really tasty. Before making it and reviewed the other comments and adjusted things just a bit- I used a whole bag of egg noodles and a bit more cheese about a cup and half-- I used about 3/4 cup of frozen peas and it was plenty! I sprinkled a few fried onions and parm cheese on top before baking-- I didn't bake for 50-60 minutes-- everything was pre-cooked for the most part,i35-40 mins is fine in my opinion. My kids ate it ALL! -easy and satisfiying ."
"easy and delicious!"
"quick and tasty! I added a few extra veggies and was very good."
"absolutely disgusting. I followed the recipe exactly. Just plain nasty."
"I added a jar of mushrooms and french fried onions on top"
"I had high hopes for this recipe! Unfortunately, my kids didn't like it at all. If I were to try it again, I'd use more noodles, and a fraction of the peas... maybe 3/4 cup? The peas tasted canned from being cooked so long."
"OK so... I made this again w/ no ground mustard just in case, and used a good quality ham (which may have been the prob. before...NOT the mustard) and I must say it was actually awesome now!!! :) I take back my previous review!!!"