Ham and Spaetzle Bake Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked spaetzle
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed deli ham
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spaetzle according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Drain spaetzle; stir the spaetzle, broccoli, cheese, ham, mustard and pepper into the white sauce. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Spaetzle Bake
Sort By :
Just ok. Looked better than it tasted. Needed more flavor.
Our children are responsible for choosing and cooking a meal twice a month, and my eight year old picked this. She said she would make it again, but would prefer the broccoli on the side. I thought it was good, but not mind blowing. Given the expense of Gruyere, in this dish, you could swap Jarlsberg or Swiss and not alter the taste too much.
I made this recipe about two years ago. My husband and I both liked it. However, he felt that it was a bit salty. I think the next time I make it I will substitute salted butter with unsalted butter. This is a complete meal that easily uses leftover ham from the holidays (that's usually when I make it).
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >