- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Prepare ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheeses, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain ziti; add to sauce mixture. Stir in ham and spinach. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham & Cheese Ziti
Sort By :
"Easy to make. Used yellow cheddar vs white and next time will try the mustard as noted below for additional flavor to zest it up some."
"Amazing !! kids love it deff keeper in this house"
"We have made this a couple of times...tonight we added a good heaping tablespoon of dijon mustard and a heaping tablespoon of Louisiana hot sauce to the cheese sauce...Amazing! I thought there was a perfect amount of sauce for the pasta."
"We really enjoyed this recipe. I too had to use yellow cheddar. It's a shame that in the South it is nearly impossible to find :( I would certainly make this again. Thanks!"
"Could not find white chedder so used yellow. I also used fresh spinach. It was very good."