- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 6 plain bagels, split
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Spread butter over cut sides of bagels. Place buttered sides up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside bagel tops.
- On the bottom of each bagel, place a slice of ham and cheddar cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, spread bagel tops with cream cheese; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer bottom halves with tomato and avocado. Replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Cheese Bagels in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p58
Reviews for Ham & Cheese Bagels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >