Chicken Bagel Melts
Our taste testers loved these scrumptious sandwiches from Shannon Brown, who created the melts to use up leftover chicken. “Deli chicken works well, too, when you don't have rotisserie on hand,” she notes from Omaha, Nebraska.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Asiago cheese bagels, split
- 1/2 pound sliced rotisserie chicken
- 8 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chipotle mustard
- Spread mayonnaise over bagel bottoms; layer with chicken, bacon, red pepper and cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 2-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spread mustard over bagel tops; place over cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 838 calories, 45g fat (15g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1332mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Jalapeno Chicken Bagel Melt in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.