- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 drops neon green food coloring
- 1 bottle (2 liters) lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; remove from the heat. Stir in milk and extract. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, transfer milk mixture to a punch bowl. Stir in the food coloring and soda. Top with scoops of ice cream. Yield: 4 quarts.
Reviews for Grinch Punch
Sort By :
"I'm going to try this, leaving the sugar out. . .There should be plenty of "sweet" with the other ingredients. You could even omit or change the color, as desired."
"I am wondering if a person might put alcohol in this for an adult party? It looks delicios and very pretty."
"Could this be made with Splenda and fat free evaporated milk?Have special diet needs in family and wondered if anyone has tried it that way."
"I make this every Christmas and althouh it may be summer right now I still make it. My son loves to help me put this together and it's very refreshing on hot summer days. But of course we love it a Christmas time too b.c. we always have to have it when we watch the classic itself!"
"i made this recipe as a summer cooler and it was a big hit. it is a good way to get children to drink more milk.and i loved the3 alond flavor"