Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 quarts
- 4 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 to 8 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a saucepan, combine 2 cups half-and-half cream, eggs and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat a metal spoon, about 9 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, nutmeg if desired and remaining half-and-half. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Pour into a punch bowl. Stir in whipping cream and soda. Top with scoops of ice cream and sprinkle with cherries. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 453 calories, 34g fat (21g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 1, 2015
i make this every christmas and it's a big hit...everyone loves it
Dec 21, 2009
I made this for our Women's Quilting group Christmas party and it was a big success. I omitted the marachino cherries. Easy to prepare. This time of year, the ingredients are common to have on hand. Thank you.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.