Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 3-1/2 cups white baking chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- In a microwave, melt 1-1/2 cups baking chips; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add rum and vanilla. Beat in melted chips. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until set.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm and slightly dry to the touch.
- In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining baking chips; stir until smooth. Dip balls in mixture; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; if desired, sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 154 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 19, 2018
Fabulous recipe. I didn't have dark rum so I used brandy instead...I'm a Wisconsin girl! ALso used plenty of nutmeg to bring out the eggnog flavors. I hope they last until the holidays since I don't have time to make another batch!
Dec 27, 2016
got a question for you? if you have a package of premixed eggnog powdered stuff can you use it in this recipe instead of all the ingredients and how would you do it? i have some leftover eggnog and want to use it up besides the pouch of eggnog premixed to make some truffles so any advice on how to go about it?
Dec 10, 2015
Are Melting Chips the same as Baking Cips?
Nov 19, 2015
From the taste of these wonderful candies you would never guess they do not have eggnog.
Dec 10, 2014
The combination of rum, nutmeg and vanilla turn these into a yummy little bite of eggnog heaven.
Dec 9, 2014
Not sure why they are called eggnog creams.....there is no eggnog in them!
Dec 9, 2014
Where is the eggnog in these?