Grilling food in foil packets creates steam so food cooks in its own juices, which makes the contents flavorful and lower in fat. Best of all: no cleanup! —Lisa Finnegan, Forked River, New Jersey
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Divide between two double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around vegetable mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Open foils carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Summer Squash in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p52
Reviews for Grilled Summer Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review