After 30 years of camping, we've come up with an arsenal of surefire recipes. Our grilled sausage with veggies would be a superstar at a potluck. —Nancy Daugherty, Cortland, Ohio
Featured In: 26 Favorite Camping Recipes
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow summer squash
- 12 hot Italian pork or turkey sausage links (4 ounces each)
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; if desired, add pepper sauce. Cover and process until blended.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into quarters. Place all vegetables in a large bowl; drizzle with 1/2 cup of the sauce and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables on a greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning once. Cool slightly. Reduce grill temperature to medium-low heat.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces. Toss with additional 1/4 cup sauce; keep warm.
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium-low heat 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° for pork sausages (165° for turkey sausages), turning occasionally. Remove sausages from grill; toss with remaining sauce. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sausages with Summer Vegetables in Taste of Home June/July 2015
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Sausages with Summer Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2016
"Awesome vegetables! Everyone wants more."