VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 green onions
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 romaine hearts
- In a small bowl, whisk 1/3 cup oil, vinegar and seasonings. Set aside.
- Brush the onions, tomatoes, cucumber and romaine with remaining oil. Grill the onions, tomatoes and cucumber, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until onions are crisp-tender. Grill romaine for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through.
- Chop the vegetables; place in a large bowl. Whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Romaine Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p202