I like to use bananas in this recipe, as well. Just be careful when grilling them—don't let the bananas get too soft. —Arla Boss, Temperance, Michigan
- 2 fresh pineapples
- 6 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- Peel, core and cut each pineapple into six spears. In a small saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter with sugar and nutmeg. Brush over pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Serve sauce with ice cream and grilled pineapple. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pineapple Butterscotch Sundaes in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p71
Reviews for Grilled Pineapple Butterscotch Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review