- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Green, sweet red and/or yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sour cream and lime wedges, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add steak. Seal bag; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill over high heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and peppers if desired in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Slice meat into thin strips across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables; roll up. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Fajitas
"Really, really good. I skipped the oregano."
"Love making theses"
"Delicious. Skipped the water and used extra oil. Very tasty."
"I made these for a party on the grill, they were out of this world delicious."
"I agree with all of the other reviewers.....this is wonderful!!!!!!! We will make this again and again....next time with chicken. But the beef was awesome!"