Grilled Fajitas Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Green, sweet red and/or yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sour cream and lime wedges, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add steak. Seal bag; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill over high heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and peppers if desired in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Slice meat into thin strips across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables; roll up. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Fajitas(16)
Sort By :
I made skirt steak fajitas with this marinade it was outstanding this time I am doubling everything except the soup mix I am only using one pkg.
I made this recipe this past weekend and was blown away!!! We always used a fajita package before, but never again. I did add some fresh cilantro to the marinade. Will be making this again for sure! Thanks for posting.
What a special dinner we had last night and the best part was when my husband, who's eaten my cooking for 55 yrs., told me what a delicious dinner it was yet he grilled the steak. For a side, I made Spanish Rice with a short-cut. While prepping the pepper/onions for the Fajitas, I chopped and sauteed extras, then added to cooked rice, along with a jar of homemade salsa with black beans. I'm anxious to try this dish now with chicken.-
Carol Kinelski, Richmond, Kentucky
I made this recipe with chicken breasts. The marinade has a great smoky flavor that was delicious. I served it with homemade guacamole.
Dee-lic-ious!!!! The marinade gives it a great smoky flavor, but not overpowering. I used chicken instead and grilled it outside. Serve with homemade guacamole, and your family will LOVE you!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >