- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Green, sweet red and/or yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sour cream and lime wedges, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add steak. Seal bag; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill over high heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and peppers if desired in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Slice meat into thin strips across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables; roll up. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Fajitas
"These are so good! Will definitely make again. I followed the recipe exactly, and I used the leftover marinade to cook in with the onions and peppers as a sauce. My brother-in-law couldn't stop raving about the marinade. I served them with the lime wedges and sour cream too."
"Really, really good. I skipped the oregano."
"Love making theses"
"Delicious. Skipped the water and used extra oil. Very tasty."
"I made these for a party on the grill, they were out of this world delicious."
"I agree with all of the other reviewers.....this is wonderful!!!!!!! We will make this again and again....next time with chicken. But the beef was awesome!"
"I made skirt steak fajitas with this marinade it was outstanding this time I am doubling everything except the soup mix I am only using one pkg."
"I made this recipe this past weekend and was blown away!!! We always used a fajita package before, but never again. I did add some fresh cilantro to the marinade. Will be making this again for sure! Thanks for posting."
"What a special dinner we had last night and the best part was when my husband, who's eaten my cooking for 55 yrs., told me what a delicious dinner it was yet he grilled the steak. For a side, I made Spanish Rice with a short-cut. While prepping the pepper/onions for the Fajitas, I chopped and sauteed extras, then added to cooked rice, along with a jar of homemade salsa with black beans. I'm anxious to try this dish now with chicken.-Carol Kinelski, Richmond, Kentucky"
"I made this recipe with chicken breasts. The marinade has a great smoky flavor that was delicious. I served it with homemade guacamole."