Green Beans with Red Peppers Recipe
"Balsamic vinegar adds zing to these colorful sauteed veggies that cook in a flash," says Chris Kallies of Oldsmar, Florida. "Trim the beans and julienne the pepper ahead to make this dish in a snap at the last minute."
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute beans and red pepper in oil for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the vinegar, basil and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Red Peppers in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p53
Reviews for Green Beans with Red Peppers(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
This looked awesome on the table and tasted great. We ended up chopping the peppers in 'largeish' chunks as we were using smaller beans. Still looked great. This will definitely be used plently around our house.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >