- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-3/4 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each casserole):
- 2/3 cup French-fried onions
- Prepare wild rice according to package directions. Stir in the chicken, beans, soups, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and soup mix. Spoon into two greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with French-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden. Yield: 2 casseroles (4-6 servings each).
Reviews for Green Bean Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"Delicious! Great combination of flavors, a recipe I will definately use again."
"I cubed and seasoned my chicken and omitted the green pepper and onion, did more green beans though. I really liked it. The family was at odds all picked different things they didn't like about it! Figures!"
"Used cut green beans as I don't like how the french style can get mushy and also used cheddar friend onions instead of plain because I already had them. Overall turned out pretty good!"
"I went ahead and sautéed the onion and peppers the first time I made this. I think it turned out great! Plus it tastes just as good leftover."
"Great rounded meal with meat and veggies, my kids love it! I make 1/2 and freeze the other 1/2 for a quick meal later!"