Greek Green Beans Recipe
In an effort to eat healthier, I'm trying to serve more vegetables," relates Kathy Armstrong of Post Falls, Idaho. "So I substituted green beans for the pasta in one of my favorite Greek dishes. It's even better than the original.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the beans, oil, garlic and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until tender, stirring twice. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Greek Green Beans in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p52
Reviews for Greek Green Beans(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2010
Absolutely delicious and flavorful! I have also added canned mushrooms to it as well. It is wonderful and healthy!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Side Dishes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >