- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- Hot mashed potatoes
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Mix first four ingredients. Add beef and sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls; toss with 1/4 cup flour, coating lightly.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs over medium-high heat. Add 2 cups broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until meatballs are cooked through, 5-6 minutes.
- Remove meatballs with a slotted spoon. Mix the remaining flour and broth until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Return meatballs to pan; heat through. Serve with mashed potatoes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Swedish Meatballs in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Reviews for Grandma's Swedish Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review