Simple Swedish Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen fully cooked Swedish meatballs or 1 package (26 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until tender, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in broth, cream of chicken soup and soup mix. Stir in meatballs. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley. Cook, covered, until heated through, about 15 minutes. If desired, serve with noodles or mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup meatballs and sauce: 295 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1045mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Oct 11, 2018
Recipe says nothing about meatballs being "small." I'm sure you would be able to share your recipe for the "REAL" thing!! Recipe sounds delicious Christina. Thank you for sharing it!!
Oct 11, 2018
I’m with Reiny on this one. How can this be considered homemade when everything is prepackaged? The real Swedish meatballs made from scratch are not difficult to make.
Oct 10, 2018
Why is it that because meatballs are small they are called Swedish. REAL Swedish meatballs have brown sugar, allspice, ginger and cloves. I've been cooking the real ones for years. Guess I should post the real recipe.
Jun 15, 2017
Everyone loved this recipe. Due to time restrains I cooked it on the stove for 15-20 minutes and had no issue with thin sauce. I served it over noodles. Thumbs up on this one!
May 4, 2017
I loved this recipe! The flavor was excellent. I added a tablespoon of flour to thicken a little more and I served them with rice. Will be making again!
Jan 1, 2013
Sauce is kind of thin. I should have thickened it. Sour cream did not stir in smoothly. Does not need 5-6 hours to cook. Even on low 2 to 3 hours is sufficient
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.