- 6 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Place potatoes in a stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice potatoes; cool completely.
- For dressing, in the top of a double boiler or metal bowl over barely simmering water, heat water, butter and vinegar until butter is melted. In a small bowl, beat eggs; add sugar and cornstarch. Add to butter mixture; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Stir Miracle Whip into cooled dressing mixture; fold in whipped cream. Stir in onion, green onions, salt and pepper. Add potatoes; toss lightly to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled.
- To serve, top with hard-cooked eggs; sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Grandma's Potato Salad
Sort By :
"Humm, this is the most unique and interesting potaoe salad recipe ive ever seen. I'm definitely interested in trying this ! Thanks for sharing."
"I made more potatoes and whipped two cartons of whipped cream with additional miracle whip and it was a success with people taking seconds and thirds, food home, and asking for recipe. What could be better than that!!!!!!!"
"I'll stick to my Hellman's Mayo recipe. Too much work without good results."
"Unusual bland taste. I sub in Hellmann's mayo for Miracle Whip and it still didn't taste right. Didn't realize they still made Miracle Whip? It's not what you call a flavor enhancer!!"
"This is DELISH! Takes a while to make but its worth it!!"