- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- In a microwave, heat cranberries and liqueur just until heated through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to batter alternately with yogurt. Drain cranberries; fold into batter.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and liqueur; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Grand Marnier Cranberry Pound Cake
Sort By :
I made it but, I added dried diced Apricots and sliced Almonds along with some Poppy seeds, it was incredible!! I plan on trying with coconut and diced dried Pineapple the next time.
This pound cake is wonderful. Of course, it's best the day it's baked, but is still moist and tasty even three days later.