Grand Marnier Cranberry Pound Cake Recipe
This is a bit different than the usual pound cakes I've prepared. The combination of cranberries and orange liqueur is incredible. —Kathy Hunter, Woodland, Washington
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- In a microwave, heat cranberries and liqueur just until heated through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to batter alternately with yogurt. Drain cranberries; fold into batter.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and liqueur; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Grand Marnier Cranberry Pound Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p131
Reviews for Grand Marnier Cranberry Pound Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2012
This pound cake is wonderful. Of course, it's best the day it's baked, but is still moist and tasty even three days later.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >