Gnocchi Alfredo Recipe
- 2 pounds potato gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and nutmeg until blended. Keep warm.
- In a large heavy skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Immediately add mushrooms and gnocchi; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and gnocchi are lightly browned. Serve with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Gnocchi Alfredo(17)
Sort By :
This Alfredo sauce recipe I have tried and my family loves it. Try this for the Alfredo sauce. It does make a lot so add the sauce to your liking!
1 stick of butter
1 clove of minced garlic
1 pint of heavy cream
1 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
In a sauce pan over medium heat ? melt butter and add garlic and cook for two minutes, then add in heavy cream and cream cheese and heat until bubbling, but do not boil.
Add in Parmesan Cheese and mix until the cheese melts.
Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste (you don?t need to use all of this, do to your liking).
At this point add as much sauce to the gnocchi and mushrooms as you like; sprinkle with parsley and serve.
It was good, but not great. The sauce tasted like gravy with cheese in it. Maybe the next time I make it I'll add my own twist. However, now I know how to make a basic gravy!
Very simple and delicious, once I found Gnocchi in our local super market.
I could not find frozen Gnocchi anywhere. I ended up substituting ravoli. The sauce was great and as soon as I can find Gnocchi, I'd love to try this again.
I followed others suggestions and sauteed onion, garlic and some fresh chopped spinach along with the mushrooms. We all loved it!! This is a keeper!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >