- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 25 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix pecans and wafer crumbs; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1-1/3 cups sugar until smooth. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 5 minutes on a wire rack. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- In a small saucepan, whisk cornstarch and liqueur until smooth. Stir in spreadable fruit; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Arrange strawberries over cheesecake; top with some of the glaze, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Refrigerate until glaze is set, about 1 hour. To serve, gently warm remaining glaze; serve with cheesecake. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Strawberry Cheesecake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Glazed Strawberry Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review