Allspice adds a bit of a twist to typical barbecue meatballs in this recipe from Nancy Horsburgh of Everett, Ontario.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, horseradish and bread crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; add the meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Glazed Meatballs in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p19
Reviews for Glazed Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review