Glazed Corned Beef Recipe
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Place corned beef and contents of seasoning packet in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Add onion and celery; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Drain and discard liquid and vegetables. Place beef on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Brush over beef.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Corned Beef(13)
Sort By :
Best corned beef recipe we have ever had. This is how corned beef will be cooked in our home from now on.
WOW! This is excellent. The glaze is the best. I left out the horseradish, still good. I'll be using the leftover glaze for something else. Yummy recipe.
Used 2 3# briskets. Wasn't going to be home for several hours before dinner...instead of Dutch oven, I put in crock pot, covered with boiling water, high for 1 hr, then medium for 5 1/2 hr. Then followed the rest of the recipe (except forgot to put vinegar in the glaze). Way too much glaze - half recipe would have been enough. It was excellent.
Perfect!!! Everyone raved!!!
This has got to be the BEST corned beef brisket I have ever tasted. Was looking for something different to serve for St Patricks day without the cabbage, and this is it! Served it with Smoky Greens (bacon,kale,chicken broth,etc) and everyone loved it. The sauce is going to be our new glaze for everything. I followed the recipe and did not change anything. Perfect !
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >
- Irish Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >