- 5 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup water, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- Whipped topping
- Place 2 cups blackberries in pastry shell; set aside. In a saucepan, crush 1 cup berries. Add 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Press berries through a sieve. Set juice aside and discard pulp.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in remaining water and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in food coloring if desired. Pour half of the glaze over berries in pastry shell. Stir remaining berries into remaining glaze; carefully spoon over filling.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Glazed Blackberry Pie
Sort By :
this pie was awesome very easy and very very good do you think i could use blueberries?
I've made this twice this week and put it in a graham cracker crust for a quickie. I served it with cool whip or ice cream. My guest loved it! I found it had a very flavorful glaze. Lois
I am also asking about frozen berries. Do we use them the same as fresh?
I'm going to try all of these and very soon. I love pies and especially fruit pies. Ann Yarber.