Fresh Apricot Pie
"This is a nice change of pace from the more traditional fruit and berry pies," says Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. "Apricots are very nutritious and delicious!"
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 4 cups sliced fresh apricots (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, sprinkle apricots with lemon juice. Combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Add to apricots, toss gently to coat.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 396 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Apricot Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1998