- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, melted butter, syrup and vanilla until blended. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture. Stir in apples (batter will be thick).
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in syrup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Pour glaze over warm blondies. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Glazed Apple-Maple Blondies
Sort By :
"This was way too sweet! IF I tried it again, I would eliminate about 1/2 cup brown sugar and all the maple syrup in the batter. I think just the maple glaze would give it enough maple flavor. Also, it definitely needs the full 30 minutes cooking time if following the recipe exactly."
"Not what I expected from looking at the picture. I thought they would be more like bars but instead they were "pancakes" soaked in maple syrup. They were very sweet. It wasn't bad but it's not something I would seek out to make again."
"I would rate this recipe as a 5* recipe! I tried this recipe 10/18/14 and found it to be very good! I admit that I had made adjustments on this recipe when I tried it! Thank you for sharing this recipe! I baked these bars for 30 minutes. delowenstein(I have tried to list the other adjustments each time, but I can't seem to get any farther than what I reviewed here!)"
"I agree with the consistency and texture, mine were more cake like too. But i was able to cut them into squares..just needed to let them cool. All in all they were delicious, the only thing I changed was the maple syrup, i used corn syrup instead."
"This is extremely sweet. I think it might be better,(less sweet) without the glaze."