The fantastic flavor from this pie comes from butterscotch pudding and canned pumpkin, which work surprisingly well together. Kids will go wild over the cream cheese layer! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes 1 minute. Stir in pumpkin, pie spice, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p61
Reviews for Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review