Ginger Pepper Steak Stir Fry Recipe
Seasoned with just the right amount of ginger, this colorful and classic stir-fry is a quick favorite of Tracy Youngman in Post Falls, Idaho. “I got the recipe from my best friend after she made it for me years ago,“ Tracy recalls. “I loved it then…and still do!“
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 each large green and sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and ginger. In another small bowl, combine the cornstarch and half of the soy sauce mixture until smooth; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining soy sauce mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add flank steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry peppers for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; remove and keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. In the same pan, stir-fry beef in hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir reserved soy sauce mixture and stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return peppers to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Pepper Steak in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Ginger Pepper Steak Stir Fry(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >