Ginger Pepper Steak Stir Fry Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 each large green and sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and ginger. In another small bowl, combine the cornstarch and half of the soy sauce mixture until smooth; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining soy sauce mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add flank steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry peppers for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; remove and keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. In the same pan, stir-fry beef in hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir reserved soy sauce mixture and stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return peppers to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Ginger Pepper Steak Stir Fry
Sort By :
Tasty, Easy To Prepare