When it's apple picking time, it also time for all the delightful treats you can make with them, including applesauce. This is my favorite way to prepare it. It's simple to do and makes the whole house smell like fall.—Renee Pajestka, Brunswick, Ohio
Featured In: Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- 4 pounds apples (about 12 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until apples are tender, 4-5 hours. Mash if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 5 cups.
Originally published as Ginger Applesauce in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p43
Reviews for Ginger Applesauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review