German Pancake Recipe
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- BUTTERMILK SYRUP:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour the butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add the batter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the first five syrup ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Dust pancake with confectioners' sugar; serve immediately with the syrup. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 cups syrup).
Reviews for German Pancake(23)
Sort By :
It is good in a hurry - but I have a better one when it is just Jimmy and me.
I first tried this recipe made by my cousin and loved it! I looked it up online and have been making it for my family ever since! I did tweak the recipe ever so slightly by adding alittle sugar to the batter (1-2tbsp). I also use a 6x9 pan and melt 1tbsp butter in pan before pouring batter into it baking it at 390. I have found that the pancake "poofs" up even more. The Buttermilk Syrup is amazing...yes a little sweet but a little goes a long way. It also works well as a sauce for caramel rolls.
I've made this recipe since it first came out in the magazine years ago. We have it for every family members' birthday breakfast--it's that good. Love the syrup.
This is very easy and tastes great! The syrup is also very yummy. I had a lot of syrup leftover.
I have been makeing this sence it came out in my TOT mag. I love the pancake and the syurp is out of this world. When making the syurp, put in in a larger pan than you think you need because it rises up a lot. I raised 3 sons and they could not get enough of the German Pancake. Now that they are living on their own and having families of their own, they have called several times for this recipe. Thanks Taste of Home.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >