- 6 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- BUTTERMILK SYRUP:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour the butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add the batter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the first five syrup ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Dust pancake with confectioners' sugar; serve immediately with the syrup. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 cups syrup).
Reviews for German Pancake
"This is the German Pancake recipe that I have used for years with powdered sugar and lemon. I made it with the syrup which is nothing but liquid caramel (candy on a pancake) and it is really good, but not at all nutritious. The syrup will only be made as a special fancy treat or as a dessert."
"Delicious! Buttermilk syrup compliments the pancake nicely! Thank you!"
"A wonderful fast and easy recipe to have on hand! I make this for breakfast or supper for my family and it's always a hit!"
"I like the recipe, but I also add baking powder and when it's ready serve with ice cream and smoothie"
"This recipe is so easy and good that my 5 year old son loves to help and eat these pancakes. Sometimes they are requested for dinner."