German Pancake Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- BUTTERMILK SYRUP:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour the butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add the batter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the first five syrup ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Dust pancake with confectioners' sugar; serve immediately with the syrup. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 cups syrup).
Reviews for German Pancake
Sort By :
"This recipe is so easy and good that my 5 year old son loves to help and eat these pancakes. Sometimes they are requested for dinner."
"Batter turned out great, but I would add a touch of sugar to the batter. I did have success using a 9 inch round metal pan, only filling it 1/4 inch deep, baking at 425 degrees for 8 mins. Perfect color, texture and individual size. Edges curled nicely and lifted out of pan easily when lightly coated with melted butter.I tried the muffin pan idea for mini german pancakes and filled each cup 1/3 full, but pancake was still too thick.I did not try the syrup because I like just butter, powdered sugar and fresh squeezed lemon on my pancake."
"This was a fantastic, easy recipe that we will make again and again! The syrup truly is fabulous, the reviews didn't exaggerate! I tested this recipe with my family, but I plan to make for guests as an impressive dish."
"I made this for Christmas morning. It was easy and turned out great. My 14 year old daughter loved the syrup and my husband said it tasted like a breakfast his eastern European grandma used to make. I would definitely make this again."
"The pancake it very good, but it is the syrup recipe I keep going back to. This is the only syrup I make for any pancake and best of all for my stuffed French toast casserole!!"