Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
You'll only have to announce dinner once when these twice-baked potatoes are on the menu! Their aroma is sure to make everyone eager to come to the table. Garlic and rosemary add herbal goodness to the mashed potato filling. A sprinkling of paprika serves as a colorful garnish.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Bake the potatoes at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Place garlic in a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Frizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut top off garlic head, leaving root end intact. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; set aside.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, buttermilk, rosemary, salt, pepper and roasted garlic.
- Pipe or spoon into potato shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p14
Reviews for Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >