We make this main dish and side together, and adjust the heat from the red pepper flakes depending on who's at the table. —Tara Cruz, Kersey, Colorado
Featured In: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 16 cups)
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic, fennel and pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Add kale and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle tilapia with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add tilapia; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Add beans, salt and remaining pepper to kale; heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve with tilapia. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Tilapia with Spicy Kale in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Tilapia with Spicy Kale
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review