- 1 loaf (10 ounces) frozen garlic bread
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound shaved deli roast beef
- 6 slices Colby cheese
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Layer each half of garlic bread with roast beef, mushroom mixture and cheese. Return to oven; bake for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Roast Beef Sandwiches
"I really liked this recipe. The garlic bread gave the rest of it a nice kick, and I used Colby Pepper Jack because we like a little spice. It was really good, might try with the peppers next time. I disagree with the person who complained that there's too much garlic, I think it was important, especially after tasting the saut?ed mushrooms and onions together."
"Using the garlic bread added so much to this sandwich! Not to mention the onions and mushrooms! I followed the recipe exactly except for using Colby Jack cheese. This will be made again and again at our house!"
"I have made these several times & they are easy & delicious! I used Swiss cheese instead of Colby & Fareway's deli sliced Italian roast beef. Yummy!"
"Having the beef on garlic bread is so good! I also added green peppers with the mushrooms and onions."
"I've made this multiple times. It is always successful. My picky eater who doesn't eat sandwiches does eat this!"