Patty Ryan MERRILL, WISCONSIN These homemade yeast rolls feature a crunchy, golden crust and a soft texture inside. The garlic and chives add a little pizzazz.
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into nine pieces. Shape each into a 4-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. roll. Place 4 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 rolls.
Originally published as Garlic Hoagie Rolls in Country Extra July 2008, p51
Reviews for Garlic Hoagie Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review