- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into nine pieces. Shape each into a 4-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. roll. Place 4 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 rolls.
Reviews for Garlic Hoagie Rolls
Sort By :
"The texture inside was more like biscuit. My guys liked them, but I thought they were sub-par."
"I used this recipe to make steak and cheese. I used shaved NY strip. The rolls came out awesome. I've been experimenting with different bread recipes for my steak and cheese. This is by far the best! My only change was after the dough cycle, I rolled out the dough with a rolling pin. Brushed the edges with some water, rolled the dough into a hoagie roll shape, and pinch the seams together. Let it rise for 20 minutes, bake at 325 with great success. The only recipe I will use for my steak and cheese from now on!"
"This is the BEST hoagie roll recipe on the web by far - - and I have tried too many of them to mention! The bread makes the best sandwich rolls and is perfect for things like French Dip, which requires a bit of a heartier roll. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for posting such a great recipe! It has found a permanent place in my recipe box!"
"What a great bread! Made it for sandwiches, next time going to use it for French bread pizzas!! Thanks so much for this great recipe, Patty!"
"What a great bread! Made it for sandwiches, next time going to use it for French bread pizzas!! Thanks so much for this great recipe!!"