Garlic Herb Rolls Recipe
Baked in buttered muffin cups, these savory rolls are cute as a button. “I like to serve them with spaghetti or a bowl of soup,” notes field editor Virginia Lapierre from Greensboro Bend, Vermont.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Beat in the flour, oil and salt until smooth. Turn onto a heavily floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Grease six muffin cups with the butter. Combine the garlic powder, cheese, oregano and basil; sprinkle into cups. Punch dough down; divide into six portions. Shape each into a ball; place in prepared cups, turning once to coat. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Herb Rolls in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p59
Reviews for Garlic Herb Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review