Herb Focaccia Rolls
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Combine flour, yeast, 1 tablespoon thyme, 1 tablespoon rosemary, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons oil; beat 1 minute (dough will be very sticky).
- Divide dough among 18 greased muffin cups. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together remaining herbs, salt and olive oil just until herbs are fragrant and oil is hot, about 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
- Gently spoon cooled herb mixture over each roll. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 120 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 1, 2019
Thought these were very good and easy to make. My husband really enjoyed them.. A bit dese but melded great with lentil soup I served with them. Would cut back a little on the herbs in the herb topping next time and add a little more olive oil to topping. Good find will definitely make again!
Nov 7, 2016
I made these tonight, they were fine, but from now on I use a more traditional recipe, and enjoy a lighter roll. These were too heavy. Maybe focaccia bread is better, because it is flat. These sort of reminded me of herbed hockey pucks.
Oct 14, 2016
These are so easy! Very tasty! Nice chewy texture and soft texture in the middle. I did have to use dried herbs but turned out well.
Oct 3, 2016
More like a biscuit than a yeast roll. I think I'll stick to my tried and true focaccia recipe that benefits from the kneading process.
Sep 26, 2016
5 star recipe!!! Easy to make and very delicious !!!!
Sep 18, 2016
Outstanding! Incredibly delicious. Absolutely love these rolls.
Sep 5, 2016
SCRUMPTIOUS!!! I used fresh rosemary from my backyard and dried thyme. I used my KitchenAid with paddle, but am tempted to give mixing by hand a try. I missed adding the salt to the topping so I will rewrite the recipe so I don't miss it next time. It might not be necessary, but it might make them even more divine.
Sep 5, 2016
Excellent. I also used my KitchenAid dough hook. Can't wait to make again, I will say, the top was too salty, I will cut the amount of salt used in the oil spread.
Aug 30, 2016
These are so easy! Perfect size for a ladies' luncheon or people who don't want too much bread.
Aug 27, 2016
These are amazingly good and so easy to stir up. I used the dough hook on my KitchenAid and it worked beautifully. I grow my own herbs and this made the rolls special for me..